Our Project Learn initiative is a philosophy that ensures every activity at our Clubs is a fun and exciting learning experience for youth. This strategy focuses on five core components:
- Homework Help & Tutoring enables members to develop the daily habit of completing homework in a safe, quiet, allocated space with staff and volunteer encouragement.
- High-Yield Learning Activities (HYLAs) help members apply what they learn in the classroom and encourage them to make productive choices about how leisure time is spent. The entire Club is a learning center and every out-of-school moment is a learning experience.
- Parental Involvement empowers the care giving adults in our members’ lives to support members’ academic development by informing them of the child’s progress, providing programs and information, as well as connecting them with outside resources so they can assist their child and provide a safe and positive home environment for their families.
- School Collaboration ensures that Club staff are connected to the child’s main academic learning experience: school. The ability to communicate with teachers, share student information, and understand classroom philosophy helps Club staff develop enrichment plans that meet the needs of members.
- Incentives reward Club members for positive academic participation and for being examples of strong character and leaders.
Power Hour: This program helps Club members, ages 6-12, be more successful in school by providing homework help and tutoring and encouraging members to become self-directed learners.